Well, my Dad and I set off for Washington...of course there were lots of things that had to be done that morning: I ended up at the hospital first thing in the morning saying goodbye to the Suggs. Grandma Linda had to go in for surgery that morning. After that I took Bell with me to get Sanford, then took Bell home, then headed back to Mom and Dad's to gather the last few things and get on the road.
Yes, we're in the car and actually heading out. Of course lots of things are going through my head like did I remember everything, where did I put the X-terra key (which I never found!), etc.
Dad tied a rubber spider to the tail gate and Lil' Jas ran after us thinking it wasn't supposed to be there :) Mom, this is the only time I held the camera out of the window!

Pilot Mountain...aka "Pimple" Mountain, right Dad? :)
Ok, so this is our first state line and I cut off the V, so this is the Virginia state line not the Irginia! I hope this isn't something that will happen often considering we have 11 states to go :)

The next few pics follow our first day on the road!
Pilot Mountain...aka "Pimple" Mountain, right Dad? :)
Just a nice picture of the Appalachian Mountains...to compare to the Rocky Mountains later in our journey!
Browni had no idea how long she's going to have to sleep on this trip...she really should have tried to stay awake a little longer!
Sanford looking around wondering what he did to deserve this!
Yes, it's raining, which I thought we weren't going to hit 'til we got to Washington. It was pretty chilly out there too!
We did have to ask another tourist to take our pic, which means we got the whole state name! The dogs really didn't understand what was going on.
So we stopped in Charleston, WV for the night. We stayed in a nice Comfort Suites that allowed our pets. We ate McD's for dinner and bought our first t-shirt at the K-Mart down the road. We also had to buy a gallon of water because that was one of the things I forgot, for the dogs. We felt pretty good that night. Browni started out on Dad's bed and Sanford on mine, but Dad said about 5 mins. after I fell asleep Sanford was with him too...hee hee!
I'll post our second day in a few days...so keep checkin the blog :)






5 comments:
Molly I love the narration to the pictures I feel like I'm watching a show. You need to add each day on a different day so it will take you five days to up load the pictures and we have no choice to come back if we want to see what happens next. love ya miss ya
How cool!!! I love "pimple" rock. I wish we could all go back there together! One day!! Love the pictures!! =0)
Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow! I'm glad you guys made it safe! On my trip here from Texas, David and I stopped at least once in each state, just so I could get out and say that I had been there. I don't travel much, but I'm sure that you have many more travels in your future!
Of course the dogs loved Dad :) Don't they all?! So, all I have to do is look for missing letters and I'll know the camera is sitting on top of the yukon with a timer going! Love you! Good pictures - I'm sure it was a fun trip!
I'm glad you guys are all keeping up! Dad has already asked me when I'm going to post the next pics which means he is following the blog too, hee hee! Love you guys!
Post a Comment